Week 19 of 2015

Actually quite simple but cool cinematic, movie soundtrack kinda song. I used only Orkester Sounds on NN-XT advanced sampler for this song. Probably the most amount of tracks I’ve used in Reason. 15 total, of which two are bus tracks to combine the drums and some violins.

Also this week I updated Reason to version 8.2. I had to use junction links in windows to prevent Reason from automatically installing the sound banks on my C drive.

Produced in Spring 2015 with | Leave a comment

Week 18 of 2015

I discovered the Pulsar rack extension this week and it’s awesome! I had it all this time but it doesn’t show up in the effects list. That’s why I forgot that I had it and just came across it while looking through the specific rack extensions folder. I will sure be using it a lot from now on.

I had made a beat for this song, but then I just didn’t like it and took it out. So the song was left with only three instruments in the end.

Produced in Spring 2015 with | Leave a comment

Week 17 of 2015

Nice dark sounding song. I meant to do more with it but ended up leaving it more simple. The volume of this one was quite low. Maybe because of the many layers that it has. So I had to play with EQing and compression to get the volume up. But this degraded the quality a bit and lowered the dynamic range quite a lot also.

Produced in Spring 2015 with | Leave a comment

Week 16 of 2015

This time I tried to play a bit with some samples from the Reason factory sounds. I also used a sample of a female voice which I found at freesound.org. I did some cutting, clip joining, cross fading, stretching, and reversing with the samples.

Produced in Spring 2015 with | Leave a comment

Week 15 of 2015

The main part of this song is using the POLAR (dual pitch shifter) rack extension. It’s what basically makes the song. It makes something completely new out of a simple sound. It’s my first time using it, and certainly not the last.

Produced in Spring 2015 with | Leave a comment

Week 14 of 2015

I’m spending more time on trying to get a good sound lately. I think the sound quality of the songs is improving a bit, but I don’t feel like the songs themselves are very inspiring.

Produced in Spring 2015 with | Leave a comment

Week 13 of 2015

For this song I couldn’t find a time signature that fit the whole loop because of the small part at the end. Because of this, I ended up having two time signature. 5/4 for the most part and 2/4 for the two notes at the end of the loop.

Produced in Spring 2015 with | 2 Comments

Week 12 of 2015

Instrumental soundtrack song. Using mostly the NN-XT Advanced Sampler of course. Only one other track is using Thor. A lot more could be done to this song if it was made longer and spend more time on it. But this will have to do for now.

Produced in Winter 2015 with | Leave a comment

Week 11 of 2015

Very simple song. Maybe a bit boring even. Couldn’t come up with anything more interesting this week. I tried blending different melodies together from different instruments. Started quite different in the beginning and changed into something quite different by the end.

Produced in Winter 2015 with | Leave a comment

Week 10 of 2015

This is the most elaborate song I’ve done in Reason so far. There’s still a lot of room for improvement though. Most songs have had about 4 or 5 tracks only. This one has 11. Three of them are drums only. I used the most compression I’ve ever used. Definitely helped to get a higher volume, and still have a good dynamic range of 11.

Produced in Winter 2015 with | Leave a comment