Songs made with: Cubase

Week 37 of 2015

Another song which I’m not so happy about. I think it’s time to take a break :)

Produced in Summer 2015 with , , | Leave a comment

Week 36 of 2015

I was liking this song in the beginning, but by the end I don’t really like it anymore. The mixing is pretty bad. The “width” or “space” of the song doesn’t feel right. Oh, well.

Produced in Summer 2015 with , , | Leave a comment

Week 35 of 2015

Short but strong. Quite fast at 155 BPM and unusual time signature of 7/4. It was challenging doing the drums on that signature. I almost discarded the song in the beginning because it seemed like it was going to be too difficult, but I’m glad I stuck with it. Again I’m using UVI Workstation and Replika, and probably will continue using these for the rest of the summer.

Produced in Summer 2015 with , , | Leave a comment

Week 34 of 2015

I’m taking a break from Reason since there’s some kind of incompatibility with my system after I updated to the latest version of Reason (8.3). Probably some audio driver issue which is causing my computer to crash after sometime of running Reason. So I’m back on Cubase for the time being. This also gives me the opportunity to try out UVI Workstation and Replika from Native Instruments. Two great products which were available for free.

Produced in Summer 2015 with , , | Leave a comment

Week 30 of 2014

Three different melodies (including the bass) playing well together. Only Native Instruments synths are used for the melodies this time. Groove Agent ONE is the only synth that is not from NI for this song.

Produced in Summer 2014 with , , , | Leave a comment

Week 29 of 2014

Since a long time I haven’t used Arpache 5 and Chorder from the Cubade midi inserts, so I decided it was time for a song with them again. But I think it’s the first time I use them with minimoog-v.

Produced in Summer 2014 with , , | Leave a comment

Week 28 of 2014

There’s still something missing for the song to sound as I would have liked, but after trying and trying I still couldn’t find that thing.

Produced in Spring 2014 with , , , | Leave a comment

Week 27 of 2014

I meant to make it more of a real song but ended up keeping it as simple as possible and it turned out like a mysterious kinda soundtrack thing.

Produced in Summer 2014 with , , , | Leave a comment

Week 25 of 2014

Another one with only Synth1. I found it harder to come up with things and to get a good sound with Synth1. I think it could be a good synth but you’d have to really get used to it.

Produced in Summer 2014 with , | Leave a comment

Week 24 of 2014

For this week I decided it was time to try out a new softsynth. When I went to look which was a popular free one, Synth1 was an obvious choice. So all the sounds (including drums) on this song come entirely from Synth1. At first I was having a hard time finding sounds that I thought sounded good, but by the end I think I managed to get some good sounds out of it.

Produced in Spring 2014 with , | Leave a comment