Clean and simple, tried to make it sound better instead of adding more to it and making it feel over produced. With the fx from minimoog-v in the background I thought was enough so as to not take attention away from the main melody.
Songs made with: Groove Agent ONE
First song again after a more than 30 week hiatus. For the beat I used many layers with a different sample each(plus Groove Agent ONE), which is something that I normally don’t do. I guess for many others it’s the normal ting to do.
Uploaded a bit late because I moved to a new country during the weekend and just got internet connection now.
This is the least amount of time I spent on a song in a while. Around 2 hours I think. Still came out better than some that I spent more time on them.
To my surprise this song came out with a dynamic range of 4! No idea why it is so low. No compressors or any kind of dynamics effects have been used.
Dark mood kind of song. Used something other than minimoog-v this time. Two tracks are from Reaktor.
This song started with an arpeggiator and then I built up from that. But by the end of the song, for some reason the arpeggiator didn’t sound like it fit with the rest of the song anymore. So what started the song was taken out at the end.
Sometimes some sounds that are supposed to be synced, suddenly start playing out of sync and nothing seems to make it go back to normal. This time I had to use track delay to make one of the sounds fit back with the rest of the beat.
don’t know what to say. so let me know what you think.
Volume came quite low on this one. I was tempted to use Maximizer to boost up the volume a bit, but finally resisted. Especially since just last week was Dynamic Range Day ;p