Songs made with: Reason

Week 15 of 2015

The main part of this song is using the POLAR (dual pitch shifter) rack extension. It’s what basically makes the song. It makes something completely new out of a simple sound. It’s my first time using it, and certainly not the last.

Produced in Spring 2015 with | Leave a comment

Week 14 of 2015

I’m spending more time on trying to get a good sound lately. I think the sound quality of the songs is improving a bit, but I don’t feel like the songs themselves are very inspiring.

Produced in Spring 2015 with | Leave a comment

Week 13 of 2015

For this song I couldn’t find a time signature that fit the whole loop because of the small part at the end. Because of this, I ended up having two time signature. 5/4 for the most part and 2/4 for the two notes at the end of the loop.

Produced in Spring 2015 with | 2 Comments

Week 12 of 2015

Instrumental soundtrack song. Using mostly the NN-XT Advanced Sampler of course. Only one other track is using Thor. A lot more could be done to this song if it was made longer and spend more time on it. But this will have to do for now.

Produced in Winter 2015 with | Leave a comment

Week 11 of 2015

Very simple song. Maybe a bit boring even. Couldn’t come up with anything more interesting this week. I tried blending different melodies together from different instruments. Started quite different in the beginning and changed into something quite different by the end.

Produced in Winter 2015 with | Leave a comment

Week 10 of 2015

This is the most elaborate song I’ve done in Reason so far. There’s still a lot of room for improvement though. Most songs have had about 4 or 5 tracks only. This one has 11. Three of them are drums only. I used the most compression I’ve ever used. Definitely helped to get a higher volume, and still have a good dynamic range of 11.

Produced in Winter 2015 with | Leave a comment

Week 9 of 2015

I’ve been watching some tutorials and trying to learn about compression and mastering in general these day. I’ve never managed to learn to use compressors, but I guess I should. This song is using the master compressor as well as the MClass Maximizer. As a result the song is a bit louder but the dynamic range is the lowest (6) I’ve had in a long time. But I think the quality of the song does sound better in general tough.

Produced in Winter 2015 with | Leave a comment

Week 7 of 2015

The simplest song I did on Reason yet as far as set up. Only 3 instruments/tracks.
The bass doesn’t sound very bassy though. Maybe someone would like to work on it.

Produced in Winter 2015 with | Leave a comment

Week 6 of 2015

Laid back short song with unusual tempo (150 bpm) and time signature (5/4).

Produced in Winter 2015 with | Leave a comment

Week 5 of 2015

I tried spending a little bit more time on this one for mixing/mastering but not sure if it helped to get any better results. I noticed I kept leaving the highs too low, so tried to raise the highs a bit more this time.

Produced in Winter 2015 with | Leave a comment